" The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,

they're in each other all along."

From Essential Rumi

by Coleman Barks


Saturday, June 12, 2010

Don't take too long...





Perhaps at age fifty
you’ve just started to bud,   
discovering that the world is not always
what they’ve made you trust.

Perhaps at age fifty
you've just begun
exploring the avenues far away
from the confident track
of your well-intended life.

Perhaps this will yield fruits
at sixty-five
and you will live to enjoy them
till the ripe age
of ninety-nine.

At fifty
I already feel old and wise
having had the experience of multiple lives
And I know
there might be no tomorrow; we might not last.
Our lives are here and now
and this is the time to love.

Eterne
April 2010








No comments: