" The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,

they're in each other all along."

From Essential Rumi

by Coleman Barks


Thursday, June 17, 2010

Escape



I wish I could run away from you,
like you ran away from me:
Erase you from my memory,
deny that you exist.

I wish I could no longer see

you looking right at me,
love glowing in your eyes
warming my face and my heart.

I wish I could leave behind

my body remembering your touch,
my senses recollecting
the scent and silkiness of your skin.

I wish I could leave for a place
where your being does not run through my veins,
and the threads sending your thoughts to me
ceased to exist.

I wish I could sleep
without you frequenting my dreams,
with no memories of the peace I feel
when you are embracing me.

Your presence in my home;
Your existence in me;
Your company which everywhere follows; 
I wish   I   could   just   leave.

I wish I could just forget you,
like you have forgotten me:
Erased me from your memory,
denied that I exist.

Eterne 
April 2010



No comments: