" The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,

they're in each other all along."

From Essential Rumi

by Coleman Barks


Saturday, August 28, 2010

Harbor


Just seconds before I fall asleep
I go back to a place  
of calm happiness, peace and tranquility…
Turbulence of the troubled world drift away,
nothing matters, I feel safe;
my heart is home to me.

The same way I feel
when you are holding me:
calm happiness, peace and tranquility…
Turbulence of the troubled world drift away,
nothing else matters, nothing else exists;
your arms are home to me…
        
         This moment brings us together; before I fall asleep,

even when you are distant; amid the storms and rain,
every night I feel the safe harbor of your embrace...
I just have to reach it and make peace.
Nothing matters; nothing else exists;
loving you is home to me...

          Eterne
          May 2010

No comments: