" The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,

they're in each other all along."

From Essential Rumi

by Coleman Barks


Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lament


How far do I have to swim against the current
to reach the shore of peace?
How high need I walk uphill
to reach the summit and see
the landscape and the road leading me?

How fast do I have to run against the wind?
How much longer can I sail in storm and thunder
without letting my boat sink?
How much more strength do I have
to do the Sisyphus' job against everyone's will?

Who is there to lend me a hand?
Is there anybody to inspire me and praise,
to let me know that my labors are not in vain?
Is there anyone on my side, who wishes me well?

I've called, many times
and I thought I've heard someone answering my cries,
but it was just my own voice
echoing....

Eterne
June 2010

No comments: