" The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,

they're in each other all along."

From Essential Rumi

by Coleman Barks


Saturday, August 28, 2010

Serene Highness

for François
 

contradictions
of your slender body
your stout hands
warm, decisive and giving
tenderly reaching
my inner being
through the refined touch of my skin

tides of caresses
bringing natural patterns
and rhythms
raising my body
to breath
my heart racing
to live

slowly
gradually
heavily
weighting my skin
pulsating with intensifying passion
in every heartbeat

my hesitating psyche
defeated
by your lips and tongue
whispering prayers
of a prodigal son
in an ancient dialect
known only to lovers
since the dawn of time

my conquered body prevails
willingly
until
the excruciating craving
of my elevated entity
to meet your consciousness
in anew dimension
erupts
in the waves of demise

ecstasy
serenity
peace

the tempest concluded.
bringing me back to life,
your soul peeking lovingly into mine:
my slave
my victor
my lover
your fond sweet kisses
soothing playfully

until the next tide

Eterne
August 2010




No comments: