" The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,

they're in each other all along."

From Essential Rumi

by Coleman Barks


Saturday, August 28, 2010

[It is not getting easier]

It is not getting easier with each passing day...
They say:
"Time heals everything"
"Time makes you forget"

But what meaning does time have?
We are just a speck in eternity:
What difference does make a day,
a few months or a thousand years?

How can time contain love?
We are a part of eternity
and so is love: Immeasurable entity
and a part of us.

They say:
"Time heals everything"
"Time makes you forget",
but it is not getting easier with each passing day...

Maybe they really don't know much?
Scrupulous accountants
meticulously processing minutes of their lives,
slaves of time they created
oblivious to the strength of love.

Eterne

May 2010


2 comments:

Rebecca H said...

Eterne, that is such a true poem. I wonder how deeply some have loved too when they wonder about the pain in my heart that feels like it will never leave. Keep writing.

Eterne said...

Thank you, Rebecca. I am glad that you can relate to what I wrote, although I wish you didn't... Just as I wish I would rather be happy with the one I love, since I am unable to discard feelings like clothes, when they don't fit anymore or are not are no longer in style...